This recipe is taken from the 1982 Milk Calendar. Surprise your barbecue and your friends with these shrimp kebobs! A nice change from the meat variety.
- Prep: 2 h 10
- Cooking: 20 min
- 8 large shrimps peeled and deveined
- 8 scallops
- 4 small fish fillets
- 1 green pepper cut into 1-in (3 cm) squares
- 1/2 Spanish onion sectioned
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried tarragon
- Lemon Sauce
- 2 tsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon zest
- Fresh parsley chopped
Cut fish fillets into strips about 1 x 5 in (3 x 10 cm); roll up and thread on skewers, along with other seafood and vegetables.
Marinade kebobs for at least 2 hours in mixture of oil, lemon juice, green onions and tarragon.
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour to make a smooth paste; blend in milk, stirring constantly. Cook until thick and bubbly. Add mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice and rind. Heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Broil or barbecue kebobs about 3 min on each side, basting frequently with marinade.
Serve with Lemon Sauce.
If fish fillets are too thick to roll, cut into chunks.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 128 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||130 %|
|Vitamin C:||56 %|
|Vitamin D:||55 %|