Thanks to this easy recipe, you can now enjoy a delicious chocolate butter cream without spending hours in the kitchen!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 30 min
- Chocolate Butter Cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated dark chocolate (preferably with 70 % cocoa)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (325 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground almonds or toasted hazelnuts
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Amaretto or hazelnut cream liqueur (optional)
Make a syrup by boiling water and sugar together until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool to room temperature. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat butter at high speed for at least 10 minutes. Pour syrup in a stream into butter and add warm, melted chocolate.
Preheat oven to 300 ˚F (150 ˚C).
Mix icing sugar, butter, ground almonds, and salt. Add egg and flour. Flavour with Amaretto. Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes. Place cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
: Place a little butter cream on each cooled shortbread cookie and refrigerate 30 minutes. You can also use a pastry bag with a fluted tip for an even more attractive presentation!
Serve at room temperature.
For an even chocolatier treat, dip shortbread in melted chocolate and allow to cool. Kids will love it!
Suggested wine: Lafortune Domaine de l'Île Ronde, a red fortified wine.