This is the Shrimp, Vegetable & Coconut Milk Soup recipe.
- Prep: 55 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) shredded coconut
- 2 3/4 cups (680 mL) Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Vegetable broth or fish broth
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Thai red chili paste
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen Asian-style vegetable mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked small shrimp
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh Thai basil chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Heat milk at medium heat to just before boiling point. Remove from heat and stir in coconut. Let sit 45 minutes.
Strain, squeezing coconut to get all liquid. Set “coconut milk” aside. Bring broth to a boil. Stir in chili paste. Add frozen vegetables and cook until barely tender. Add “coconut milk” and shrimp. Gently reheat.
Spoon soup into bowls. Add lime juice, sprinkle with green onion, basil and serve.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 273 mg|
|Vitamin A:||53 %|
|Vitamin B12:||66 %|
|Vitamin D:||44 %|