Experience a delightful fusion of flavours with our Sloppy Joe Burrito recipe. A perfect blend of hearty ground beef, beans, cheese, and spices wrapped in soft tortillas, these burritos are a surefire hit for a comforting and satisfying meal that brings joy to every family dinner table
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 8 oz (225 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) black beans or red kidney beans canned, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pkg (1 oz/35 g) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water
- 1 lb (450 g) Canadian Colby or Cheddar cheese sliced or shredded
- 6 large, about 9-inch (23 cm) flour tortillas
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Cook beef in large non-stick skillet until no longer pink, about 10 min. Mix in beans, green pepper, salsa, taco seasoning and water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook on medium low, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Arrange cheese in center of each tortilla. Spread about 1/3 cup (80 mL) of meat mixture over cheese; roll up tortillas and tuck ends under.
Microwave at HIGH (100 %), 2 tortillas at a time, covered with vented plastic wrap, for 1 minute.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||44 % / 444 mg|