Smoked Salmon Mousse Canapes
A little smoked salmon goes a long way in a fluffy mousse to serve as canapés. They are elegant and delicious, yet simple to make.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) unflavoured gelatin
- 3 oz (90 g) finely chopped smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped drained capers
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 48 mini toast crackers or baguette slices or cucumber slices
- Chopped fresh dill or finely grated lemon zest
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a small saucepan or glass bowl, combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the cream and the lemon zest; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for 5 min to soften gelatin. Heat saucepan over medium-low heat or microwave in bowl on medium-low (30 %) just until gelatin dissolves. Let cool to room temperature.
Stir salmon, dill, capers and hot pepper sauce into gelatin mixture. In a chilled bowl, whip remaining cream to firm peaks. Fold one-quarter into the salmon mixture to blend. Add into remaining whipped cream; gently fold until blended. Cover and refrigerate until chilled and thick, about 1 hour or for up to 1 day.
To serve, using a piping bag with a large star tip, if desired, pipe or spoon mousse onto crackers or cucumber slices. Sprinkle with dill or lemon zest for garnish.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||2 % / 22 mg|
|Vitamin A:||7 %|
|Vitamin B12:||10 %|
|Vitamin D:||19 %|