This is the Spanish Chicken recipe.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 40 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs skin removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- green bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 large fresh plum tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
- 2 tsp (10 mL) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) saffron threads crumbled
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot chili Flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pimento stuffed green olives
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; cook chicken until golden all over (chicken should not be cooked through).
Add peppers, onion, tomatoes and garlic to pan; cook 5 min. Stir in cream, chicken stock, paprika, saffron, chili flakes and bay leaf; boil until slightly thickened, about 5 min.
Add chicken and olives to skillet; simmer uncovered about 20 min until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a platter; cover loosely with foil. Boil sauce, stirring occasionally, about 10 min until thickened slightly. Return chicken to saucepan and heat through.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 56 mg|
|Vitamin A:||33 %|
|Vitamin C:||94 %|