This is the Spiced Ricotta pancakes recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 24 min
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unbleached flour
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1–2 tbsp (15–30 mL) unsalted butter
In a bowl, mix both flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
In another bowl, beat egg with milk, Ricotta and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into well of dry ingredients; stir with a whisk until well combined.
In a skillet, melt a small amount of butter over medium heat, add 1/6 of batter and cook for 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve with fresh fruit and a glass of milk.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 152 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||18 %|
|Vitamin D:||15 %|