This tasty bread prepared with carrots, zucchini, Canadian Ricotta and Gouda is a nourishing family pleaser that can also be made in to muffins. Original and infallible, this recipe will brighten any autumn breakfast table. And besides, our nutritionists recommend it.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h 15
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) wheat bran, oat bran or wheat bran cereal
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated butternut squash
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Aged Gouda grated or cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soft butter
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) Canadian Ricotta
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Grease and flour large bread pan, or line with parchment paper.
In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Add vegetables and 2/3 cup (160 ml) of Gouda. Make a well in middle of bowl.
In another bowl, beat butter along with sugar.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Incorporate Ricotta and pour liquid ingredients into well of dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until a smooth consistency is reached.
Spread out in bread pan, add remaining Gouda on top, and bake in centre of oven 1 hr. and 15 min. or until bread is golden and toothpick inserted in its middle comes out clean.
Canadian Swiss, Cheddar, Provolone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 205 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||18 %|