This tasty bread prepared with carrots, zucchini, Canadian Ricotta and Gouda is a nourishing family pleaser that can also be made in to muffins. Original and infallible, this recipe will brighten any autumn breakfast table. And besides, our nutritionists recommend it.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 h 15
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) wheat bran, oat bran or wheat bran cereal
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated butternut squash
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Aged Gouda grated or cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soft butter
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) Canadian Ricotta
Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC). Grease and flour large bread pan, or line with parchment paper.
In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Add vegetables and 2/3 cup (160 ml) of Gouda. Make a well in middle of bowl.
In another bowl, beat butter along with sugar.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Incorporate Ricotta and pour liquid ingredients into well of dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until a smooth consistency is reached.
Spread out in bread pan, add remaining Gouda on top, and bake in centre of oven 1 hr. and 15 min. or until bread is golden and toothpick inserted in its middle comes out clean.
Canadian Swiss, Cheddar, Provolone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 205 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||18 %|