This is the Spicy Mango Halloumi Brochettes recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 12 min - 15 min
- Sweet and Spicy Mango Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 fresh mango peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- Halloumi Brochettes
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into large cubes
- 1 small red onion cut into large cubes
- 1 zuchini sliced thick
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Halloumi cut into cubes
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown garlic along with half of the mango. Reserve other half for the brochettes. Add water, corn syrup, hot pepper flakes and paprika. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, thread vegetables, Halloumi and remaining mango onto skewers, and preheat grill to high heat.
Purée mango mixture to obtain a sauce, and generously brush onto brochettes. Cook on grill 5–7 minutes to grill cheese and vegetables. Serve immediately.
If using wood or bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before using to keep them from burning on the grill.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Paneer.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||37 % / 412 mg|
|Vitamin C:||100 %|
|Vitamin B12:||51 %|