Here’s a hearty supper-salad that makes great use of late fall produce. The cabbage is sturdy enough to hold up overnight, giving you crisp, meaty leftovers for lunch.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 4 boneless pork chops 3/4˝ (2 cm) thick
- 4 cups (1 L) Chinese or napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) Brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 1 Asian pear or green apple julienned
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) rice vinegar or lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai or regular basil chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Mozzarella julienned
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a skillet, melt butter and cook pork chops for 4–5 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, mix both cabbages and Brussels sprouts with pear, vinegar, oil, basil and chili flakes in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice pork chops; add pork and cheese to the salad. Mix and serve immediately.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Gouda.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 207 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||48 %|
|Vitamin C:||102 %|