Deliciously satisfying bone food!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 40 min
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon (25 mL) butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced peeled potatoes
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) dried lentils red or orange, rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk
- 5 oz (150 g) jalapeño-flavoured Havarti cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté curry, carrots, potatoes, celery and onions, until onions are softened.
Add lentils, broth, milk. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until lentils are soft, 30-40 minutes.
Purée soup in blender until smooth. Adjust seasoning. Serve garnished with the Havarti and coriander.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||35 % / 380 mg|
|Vitamin A:||52 %|
|Vitamin B12:||40 %|