This is the Spicy Shrimp Grilled Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 6 min
- 2 slices thick crust sourdough bread approx. 5 X 4-inch (12.5 x 10 cm)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canned jalapeño drained and minced
- 2 slices of Dofino Creamy Havarti
- 3 poached whole shrimps (21/25) peeled and deveined
- 2 slices low sodium bacon crisp cooked
- 1 1/2 tsp (5 mL) fresh coriander leaves
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) softened unsalted butter
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Spread jalapeño onto one side of sourdough bread.Place 1 slice of Havarti onto bread.
Cut shrimp in half and place on top of cheese. Layer bacon and coriander on top of shrimp. Season sandwich with pepper and place remaining slice of Havarti onto filling. Place remaining bread slice on top. Butter outside of sandwich.
Preheat small non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Place buttered sandwich onto preheated pan and cook until bottom side is golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Flip sandwich over and grill until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Remove sandwich from pan and cut in half.
Serve with a light green salad and a glass of your favourite Sauvignon Blanc.
The minced canned jalapeño is optional.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving