Four food groups in one easy dish. The Arborio rice and milk combine for a lovely, creamy result!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) Arborio rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) no-salt-added chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) divided milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 12 oz (375 g) medium raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/2 pkg (142 g) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill or basil
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In pot, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion until soft. Add rice; sauté for 1 minute. Stir in broth, 1½ cups milk, salt and pepper; bring almost to boil, stirring.
Cover, reduce heat to low, simmer, stirring twice, until rice is almost tender, 20 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cover, simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining milk, then spinach, lemon juice and dill.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 260 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||87 %|