This is the St-Honoré Canapés with Blueberries recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) blanched leek minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries washed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh basil chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 baguette bread thinly sliced
- 8 oz (225 g) Canadian St-Honoré cheese sliced
Preheat oven to 425° F (210 °C).
In a skillet, melt the butter over a medium heat and sauté the leek for 1 minute. Add the blueberries and cook for 2 minutes. Incorporate the basil and season to taste.
Meanwhile, top each slice of bread with a thin slice of Canadian St-Honoré cheese. Arrange on a cookie sheet.
Slide sheet into oven to crisp the bread and melt the Canadian St-Honoré cheese.
Remove from oven and immediately top with a little of the blueberry mixture.
Serve hot or warm.
Véronique Gagnon-Lalanne, chef