Steak and Monterey Jack wrapsOur dietitians' favourite
This is the Steak and Monterey Jack wraps recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter divided
- 12 oz steak seasoned with steak spices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) mushrooms sliced
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 3–5 tbsp (45–75 mL) barbecue sauce or HP Sauce
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Monterey Jack sliced
- 8 slices of tomato
- 4 leaves of lettuce
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large skillet, heat half the butter over high heat and cook the steak, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet and reserve.
In the same skillet, add remaining butter and cook onion and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
Place the tortillas on a work surface.
Cut the steak into strips and divide evenly among 4 tortillas.
Divide the rest of the ingredients (including the sauce) among tortillas and roll up. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||40 % / 445 mg|