This recipe is taken from the 2000 Milk Calendar. This easy-to-make yet elegant dessert is absolutely delicious.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange liqueur* (such as Grand Marnier, Cointreau, Curaçao))
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced strawberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- Fresh mint leaves
In chilled bowl, whip cream until lightly whipped; add sugar and whip until it holds its shape. Fold in yogurt and orange liqueur.
In serving bowl, combine strawberries and blueberries. Spoon whipped cream mixture over top and mix lightly. Spoon into stemmed glasses. Garnish with fresh mint.
Melon and Blueberries in Orange Cream:Substitute 1 medium cantaloupe, cubes, for the strawberries.
Banana, Orange and Grape in Orange Cream
:Slice 1 to 2 bananas and combine with 1 cup (250 mL) drained canned mandarin oranges and 1 cup (250 mL) halved seedless grapes. Garnish with toasted sliced almonds.
Mango and Kiw
i in Orange Cream:Peel and chunk 2 ripe mangoes and 2 kiwifruit.
* If you don't have orange liqueur, just use 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 65 mg|
|Vitamin A:||9 %|
|Vitamin B12:||9 %|
|Vitamin C:||74 %|