This is the Stuffed Cheddar Lamb Roast recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 3-4 oz (90-120 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb (680 g) boneless lamb roast
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) beef broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white grape juice
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
In a skillet, melt butter and soften onion.
Remove from heat, let cool and add raisins, egg, bread crumbs, parsley and Medium Cheddar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut lamb roast lengthwise, not quite all the way through, so it opens like a book. Spread stuffing inside, close, and secure with kitchen twine or toothpicks. Place in an ovenproof dish and brush with melted butter.
Add beef broth and white grape juice. Roast 50 minutes. Serve sliced.
Canadian Swiss, Gouda or crumbled Feta all provide tasty and original alternatives.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 147 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||139 %|