Celebrate the summer bounty with a hearty bowl of borscht that’s just as delicious on a cold winter’s day.
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cooking: About 25-30 minutes
- 4 cups (1 L) stock (pork, beef or chicken)
- 5 or 6 diced potatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- Few sprigs of dill
- 1 cup (250 ml) sorrel or beet leaves chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) Canadian cottage cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) Canadian cream
- Salt to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Boil first 4 ingredients until potatoes are tender.
Add sorrel/beet leaves and cottage cheese.
Bring to a boil once more.
Remove from heat, add cream and salt to taste.