A perfect finale for a hot Summer's day.
- Prep: 30 min
- Refrigeration: 3 h
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 12 to 16 ladyfingers cut in half
- 2 cups (500 mL) raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries
- 2 peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 can (425 g) custard*
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted slivered almonds
In small saucepan, melt marmalade with juice over medium heat until dissolved. Let cool slightly.
Dip ladyfingers into orange mixture and arrange in two layers on the bottom of an 8-cup (2 L) trifle or glass bowl. Arrange remaining ladyfingers up the sides of the bowl; cut sides down.
Gently mix fruit together; arrange one-third of the fruit over the ladyfingers; set aside.
In medium bowl, stir together custard, vanilla extract and any remaining orange mixture; set aside.
In small bowl, beat 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cream until soft peaks form; fold into custard. Spread half of the custard over the fruit and repeat with another layer of fruit and remaining custard.
Beat remaining cream with sugar until soft peaks form; spoon over custard. Top with remaining fruit and toasted almonds. Chill for 3 hrs or overnight.
*If you prefer, use 2 cups (500 mL) of your favourite custard recipe.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 127 mg|
|Vitamin A:||31 % / 308 mcg|
|Riboflavin:||21 % / 0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||19 % / 0.4 mcg|
|Folate:||18 % / 40 mcg|