A delicious vegetarian pasta, ready in just 20 minutes.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 10 oz (300 g) fusili pasta
- 4 cups (1 L) broccoli sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) of red kidney beans or white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Provolone cheese shredded
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water, adding the broccoli 3 minutes before it’s done. Drain and return to pot.
In a non-stick pan, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté red bell pepper, chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper for 3 minutes.
In a bowl, add a little milk to the flour, mixing until it’s a smooth paste. Stir in remaining milk. Pour the flour mixture into the frying pan, together with the beans. Cook, stirring, until the mixture has thickened. Add the pasta with 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinegar. Add pepper and vinegar to taste. Sprinkle with the Provolone cheese.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||43 % / 474 mg|
|Vitamin C:||196 %|