Sweet Pepper Ricotta FrittataOur dietitians' favourite
This is the Sweet Pepper Ricotta Frittata recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) fresh-grated Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil chopped
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In an 8-10 inch (25 cm) ovenproof pan, melt 1 tsp (5 mL) butter over medium heat. Sauté vegetables until tender and set aside. Beat eggs. Stir in Ricotta, garlic, basil and sautéed vegetables.
Melt remaining butter in pan. Add egg mixture. Cook until set about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Place pan 4 to 6 inches beneath preheated broiler until cheese is melted and golden. Cut into wedges and serve.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 325 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||64 %|
|Vitamin C:||43 %|