This is the Sweet Potato and Cheddar Polenta recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 10 min
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fine cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground allspice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian aged Cheddar coarsely grated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
Microwave the sweet potato on high until tender — about 4 minutes. Scoop out flesh and process until smooth. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a boil. Add the cornmeal in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until thick. Add allspice, butter and potato. Remove from burner when hot and stir in cheese. Add chives and season to taste.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||26 % / 189 mg|
|Vitamin A:||32 %|
|Vitamin B12:||31 %|
|Vitamin D:||27 %|