A deliciously easy side dish using seasonal vegetables.
- Cooking: 30 min
- 4 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-in (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1 lb (450 g) parsnips peeled and cut into thick slices
- 2 apples peeled and cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place sweet potatoes and parsnips in large pot. Cover with cold salted water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 min.
Add apples and continue to simmer about 10 min until vegetables and apples are very tender. Drain well and return to pot. Set pot over low heat; mash vegetables and apples, while gradually adding cream. Stir in seasonings.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 50 mg|
|Vitamin A:||87 %|
|Vitamin B6:||10 %|
|Vitamin C:||26 %|