by Anna Olson
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled and 3/4 –inch (2 cm) diced sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 3% plain yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garam masala or curry powder
- 1 can (540 mL) 19-ounce chick peas drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach leaves or ½ a 300 g package of frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed to drain off liquid
- Salt & pepper
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, ginger and garlic and cook for one minute. Add sweet potato, yogurt and garam masala or curry powder and stir to coat. Bring curry up to a simmer; then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring often, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in chick peas and spinach, return to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Serving suggestion: Serve curry over cooked rice.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 300 mg|
|Vitamin A:||115 %|
|Vitamin B6:||60 %|