This is the Taco Salad Bowls recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pkg (35 g) taco seasoning mix
- 6 cups (1.5 L) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced green onions
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced Canadian Colby* cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber diced
- Bottled Ranch-style salad dressing
In large frypan, cook beef over medium heat and drain. Sprinkle seasoning mix over beef. Add 3/4 cup (180 mL) water to pan and mix until well-combined. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
Remove from heat and let cool. Just before serving, toss together lettuce, green pepper and green onions. Divide equally among individual salad bowls.
Top with rows of cooked meat mixture, Canadian Colby cheese, tomatoes and cucumber. Serve with Ranch-style dressing.
Serve in edible taco salad bowls. For each bowl, lightly brush one side of a flour tortilla with melted butter. Ease tortilla, buttered side down, into an ovenproof mixing bowl, gently pleating edges. Bake at 350 °F (180 °C) 15 minutes. Remove shell from bowl; cool completely.
* Or you can use diced Canadian Farmers', Brick, Havarti or Gouda cheese.