Tasty Tandoori Grilled Chicken with a TwistOur dietitians' favourite
This recipe is taken from the 2018 Milk Calendar. Subtle Indian flavours accented with a fresh peach salsa. A perfect meal for the whole family.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Marinating Time: 2 h
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) garam masala spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice about 1 lemon
- Peach Salsa
- 2 peaches pitted and cut into 1/2-inch (1cm) pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, hot red chili flakes and salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh coriander
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a medium bowl, stir yogurt with garam masala, turmeric, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
Place chicken in a dish just large enough to hold it. Using a sharp knife, make a few shallow slashes in each piece of chicken to allow marinade to penetrate. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Sprinkle lemon juice over chicken, trying to get it into slashes. Pour yogurt marinade over chicken, turning to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
Place chopped peaches in a bowl along with red pepper, onion, chili flakes and salt; stir. Add lime juice and coriander. Refrigerate if not using right away.
Grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high. Remove chicken from yogurt mixture, leaving any yogurt clinging to it. Place on grill. Barbecue for 10 to 13 min, turning occasionally, brushing frequently with leftover marinade and moving to a cooler side of grill if needed, until chicken is cooked through. Serve with peach salsa.
Try chicken thighs for an economical change of pace in this recipe.
Instead of peaches, use nectarines, and try mint instead of coriander.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 104 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid:||33 %|
|Vitamin B6:||62 %|