Tequila-Lime Chicken with Cream Cheese
This is Mexico in one bite. The mix of pineapple juice, tequila and lime really infuses the meat, giving it extra tenderness and an exotic flavour.
- Prep: 50 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple juice
- 2 oz (60 mL) tequila
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime zest grated
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) chicken breasts or chicken thighs boneless, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pickled hot banana peppers drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- Salt to taste
- 12 soft or hard-shell tacos
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh coriander chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) homemade or store-bought pico de gallo
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a bowl, mix pineapple juice with tequila, garlic, lime juice and zest. Add chicken and stir to thoroughly coat the meat. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
Meanwhile, mix Cream Cheese with hot peppers and paprika. Season with salt to taste. Reserve in the refrigerator.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto skewers. Cook on grill for 10–15 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked, turning them over a few times. Remove chicken from skewers.
Heat tacos and spread insides with Cream Cheese mixture. Fill tacos with grilled chicken and garnish with cilantro and pico de gallo.
Tequila may be replaced with the same quantity of white wine or pale ale.
For a homemade pico de gallo recipe, go to allyouneedischeese.ca/PicoDeGallo
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta, Quark cheese, Mascarpone.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 259 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||64 %|
|Vitamin C:||67 %|