This is the Tiramisu recipe.
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Marsala wine or orange liqueur or extra strong coffee
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian mascarpone cheese or Canadian Cream cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra strong coffee cold
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brandy or orange liqueur or orange juice
- 24 savoiardi cookies or ladyfingers
- 6 oz (180 g) semisweet chocolate finely chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Make the filling by beating egg yolks with sugar until light. Beat in Marsala. Cook gently in a double boiler or in a stainless steel or glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Cook gently, stirring constantly, until thickened 10 to 15 min. Cool.
Beat Mascarpone cheese until smooth and then slowly beat in cooled custard. Whip cream until light. Gently fold into cheese mixture. Reserve.
Combine coffee with brandy. Reserve.
Line an 8-inch (20 cm) baking dish or trifle bowl with ladyfingers. (Do not worry if ladyfingers do not fit exactly, break up extras and fit into spaces.) Drizzle with half of the coffee mixture. Spread half the filling over. Sprinkle with half the chocolate. Repeat layers starting with ladyfingers, drizzling with remaining coffee, spreading remaining filling over ladyfingers and topping with chocolate.
Refrigerate a few hrs or overnight before serving. Tiramisu can be frozen for up to one month.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 53 mg|
|Vitamin A:||17 %|