This is the Toasty Tapenade with Brie and Oyster Mushrooms recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 7 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Brie or Camembert diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 slices whole-wheat bread toasted
- A pinch of paprika
- Chopped fresh chives or fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pink pepper
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and chives for 2 minutes. Stir in Canadian Brie or Camembert, wine and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Reduce heat and cook, stirring until Canadian Brie or Camembert cheese is almost melted but not perfectly smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat broiler. Remove crusts from toast slices and cut each into four pieces. Spread each piece with cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with paprika. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown. Sprinkle with chives or parsley and freshly ground pink or red pepper.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||2 % / 17 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||4 %|