This is the Tomato and Cheddar tart recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1/2 lb (225 g) puff pastry thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- Fresh basil
- 3-4 large Italian tomatoes cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar
- Salt and ground pepper to taste to taste
With the rack in lowest position, preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
On floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into 8 x 10-inch (20 x 25 cm) rectangle and cut into 2 x 4-inch (5 x 10 cm) rectangles. Place on a baking sheet. Brush dough with the mustard. Scatter basil leaves over the dough, then tomatoes. Season. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cut pie into squares and garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately, as an appetizer or as a starter.
Good Canadian Sharp Cheddar will enhance the flavour of this wonderful tart.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 87 mg|