This is the Tomato and Ricotta Open-Face Sandwich recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp (1-2 mL) garam masala
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) 35 % cream to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 naan breads
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes sliced
In a bowl, mix Ricotta with herbs, garam masala and cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Broil naan bread in oven or grill on barbecue until crisp. Spread seasoned Ricotta on bread. Sprinkle with lentils and top with tomato slices. Cut into wedges and serve.
NOTE: You can add crumbled bacon to taste.
How to make your own garam masala:
Ingredients1 tbsp (15 mL) coriander seeds1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin seeds1/2 tsp (2 mL) black peppercorns1/4 tsp (1 mL) cardamom seeds (black seeds in their green pod) or ground cardamom1 cinnamon stick, 2-inch (5 cm) long3 whole cloves1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
PreparationGrind all the spices together in a coffee grinder or use a mortar and pestle. Store in a spice jar.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Cream cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||28 % / 308 mg|