Aged Cheddar gives this delicately crispy tart a slightly earthy, woodsy aroma. It’s light enough to serve for brunch and also makes a perfect lunch.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 12 oz (375 g) puff pastry defrosted
- 4 tsp (20 mL) old-fashioned mustard
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) cooked chicken sliced
- 4 Italian tomatoes sliced
- 7 oz (200 g) Canadian Aged Cheddar sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
On a floured work surface, roll out pastry dough into a 12 x 8˝ (30 x 20 cm) rectangle. Cut into four 3 x 8˝ (7.5 x 20 cm) pieces. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Brush dough with mustard and top with chicken, tomatoes and cheese; season with pepper.
Cook in the oven for 18–20 minutes or until dough is cooked and cheese is golden.
Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||35 % / 385 mg|