This is the Tomato & strawberry Mary recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) celery salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 very ripe medium tomato quartered and seeded
- 4 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) strawberries hulled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) harissa
- 2 oz (60 mL) vodka (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ice cubes
- 2 oz (60 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar cut into 2 long sticks or triangles
- Choice of garnish
- 2 slices of cooked bacon or 4 slices of salami
- 2 cucumber sticks or rounds
- Olives, pickles, cherry tomatoes, celery, your choice
Mix celery salt and chili powder together on a small plate.
Run lemon wedge along the rim of two glasses that can hold about 1 cup (250 mL) of liquid. Dip each glass into spice mixture to coat rims. Set aside.
Purée the next 7 ingredients in a blender.
Pour half the liquid into a shaker containing a few ice cubes and shake vigorously. Pour into one of the glasses, with or without the ice cubes. Repeat for the second glass. Decorate each cocktail with a cheese stick and the garnish of your choice. Enjoy.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Monterey Jack, Smoked Cheddar.