This is the Traditional Cheddar Terrine with Herbs and Olives recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Freezing: 2 h
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 4 oz (125 g) Canadian Aged Cheddar crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grilled red bell peppers diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives or 2 tsp (10 mL) dried chives
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a bowl, combine Canadian Cream cheese, Aged Cheddar cheese, olives, red bell peppers, chives, rosemary and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place a large sheet of plastic wrap on work surface. Spread cheese mixture on wrap, enclose and roll to form a cylinder. Twist plastic wrap ends in opposite directions until mixture is as compacted as possible.
Freeze for at least 2 hrs or until terrine can be cut easily into slices. Use a serrated knife to cut. Slice terrine, preferably while frozen, and serve as canapés on whole-grain crackers or vegetables, or as a first course along with a salad.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 50 mg|
|Vitamin A:||6 %|
|Vitamin B12:||4 %|
|Vitamin C:||4 %|