This is the Tre Stelle Ricotta, Mushroom and Spinach Strudel recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced cremini (small brown) mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cognac or white wine
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) Tre Stelle Ricotta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bread crumbs
- 5 sage leaves thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
In a skillet, melt butter and sauté shallots. Add all mushrooms and cook until golden, 3,4 min. Add spinach and cook about 1 minute. Remove mushroom mixture from pan and set aside. Deglaze pan with cognac or white wine. Continue cooking for 3 minutes then add Tre Stelle Ricotta, breadcrumbs and sage; stir well. Add to mushroom mixture and combine well. Salt and pepper to taste.
Lay out 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a pastry board and brush with melted butter. Repeat with remaining sheets.
Evenly divide mushroom and Tre Stelle Ricotta mixture among phyllo sheets and spread over surface, leaving edges free. Roll up each sheet firmly and fold ends towards centre to seal in stuffing. Continue rolling to make a cylinder.
Place strudel on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Let stand before serving. Slice each serving with a serrated knife.
Nutritional informationPer serving