A light cake garnished with apples, plums, peaches or other fresh seasonal fruit, covered with melted slices of creamy Canadian Brie. A comforting dessert prepared in a flash.
- Prep: 20 min - 25 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- 2 apples peeled and quartered
- 2 peaches or nectarines peeled and quartered
- 2 pears peeled and quartered
- 2 plums peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 star anise
- 2 cups (500 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold butter
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Milk
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Brie sliced
Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
In a large baking dish, mix fruit with 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and star anise. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine dry ingredients with 1/3 cup (80 mL) brown sugar. Add cold butter and cut into dry ingredients using a fork, until a fine granular texture is obtained. Stir in milk until well combined.
Remove fruit from oven, discard star anise and arrange Brie slices evenly over fruit. Place spoonfuls of dough on top of Brie and continue baking in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Camembert, Mascarpone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 172 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||23 %|