This is the Tropical Muffins recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced apples
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) raisins
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
In a big bowl, combine dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon).
In a separate bowl, beat together sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce and yogurt. In a third bowl, stir in carrots, apples, pineapple, coconut, orange zest and raisins. Pour both bowls of liquid ingredients into dry mixture and stir with spatula until smooth. Spoon into muffin tins. Bake in 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 50 mg|
|Vitamin C:||7 %|