Keep these rillettes in the fridge to satisfy your cravings any time!
- Prep: 30 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 35% Cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped dill
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) Butter at room temperature
- 12 oz (360 g) cooked salmon
- 4 oz (120 g) smoked trout in very small dice
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Espelette pepper
- Fresh dill
- Whole pink peppercorns
- Crackers or toasted baguette slices
In a small saucepan, bring the cream and the dill to a boil and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover and infuse for 20 minutes.
Strain through a fine sieve and discard the cooked dill.
In a bowl, mash the butter and the cooled cream with a fork until well blended.
Add the salmon, trout, lemon juice, and Espelette pepper and combine gently. Add salt to taste.
Transfer the mixture in one or two ramekins. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
Garnish with a sprinkle of dill and pink peppercorns. Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Use cold-smoked trout and make sure there are small pieces of fish in the final mixture. Rillettes, whether made with fish or meat, are never completely smooth.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||1 % / 11 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||43 %|
|Vitamin D:||83 %|