This is the Turkey and Monterey Jack salad recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion minced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 bell pepper (your choice) cut into strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- pinch of ground cumin
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked turkey breast minced or shredded
- 2 cups (500 mL) lettuce shredded
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- 2 cups (500 mL) red cabbage shredded or grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Monterey Jack diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large skillet, melt butter and brown onion, garlic and peppers for 3–4 minutes. Add spices. Cook 2 minutes.
Mix orange juice, salsa and barbecue sauce. Pour into skillet and let simmer for 3–4 minutes.
Add cooked turkey and mix well, then let cool.
Mix lettuce, spinach and red cabbage. Add cilantro.
Divide into containers suitable for a lunch box.
Add diced Monterey Jack.
Into other containers, divide the turkey mixture (the sauce will serve as the dressing).
Come mealtime, add the turkey mixture to the salad. Toss and savour.
Variations:Canadian Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 329 mg|
|Vitamin C:||146 %|