A sophisticated combination of blue cheese, tart apples and sweet cranberries.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian blue cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped dried apricots
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked turkey cut into strips or chunks
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 apples or pears (or one of each) cubed
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dried cranberries or raisins
- 6 cups (1.5 L) mixed salad greens
- 3 slices bacon cooked and drained
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped toasted pecans
In food processor, blend mayonnaise and Blue cheese to a smooth paste. Scrape into medium bowl and whisk in mustard, cream, green onion and apricots. Set aside or refrigerate for later use.
In large bowl, toss together turkey, celery, onion, apples and cranberries.
To serve, distribute greens over 6 plates and scoop turkey mixture over greens. Generously drizzle spoonfuls of dressing over salad and top each with a sprinkle of crumbled bacon and toasted pecans.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 137 mg|
|Vitamin A:||37 %|