By Josée Robitaille
- Prep: 40 min
- Cooking: 1 h 20
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) ground veal or beef
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 28 oz (796 mL) can crushed low sodium tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 lb (454 g) Ricotta
- 1 egg beaten
- 10 oz (284 g) spinach stems removed, cooked, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan
- 12 cooked lasagna pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a saucepan, heat oil at medium high. Add onion, celery, veal, oregano, thyme and season to taste. Cook, stirring to break up the meat, until the meat is no longer pink. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC). In a bowl, mix Ricotta, egg, spinach, half the Mozzarella and season to taste.
Spread Ricotta mixture over each pasta and roll. Pour half the sauce into a 13 X 9 in pan and add rolls. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining Mozzarella. Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||29 % / 317 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||93 %|