This is the Veal Cutlets with Bleu Bénédictin Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 4 veal cutlets
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 shallots minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Canadian Bleu Bénédictin* cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 15 % cream
- 2 green onions minced
Sprinkle veal with lemon juice, and season well. In a frying pan, cook cutlets in the butter over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate. Keep warm.
Sauté shallots in the same pan until golden, about 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with wine and reduce by half. Whisk in Bleu Bénédictin cheese, a little at a time, add cream, then green onions and let simmer over a low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, whisking continuously.
Pour sauce over hot cutlets and serve with seasonal vegetables.
* Try Canadian Blue Ermite cheese for this recipe.