This is the Veal Sliders with Extra Old Cheddar recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 7 min - 10 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) lean ground veal
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 slider buns
- 4 oz (120 g) Extra Old Cheddar sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
Preheat oven to 450oF (230oC) or barbecue to medium-high heat.
In a bowl, mix ground veal with spices. Season to taste.
Divide mixture into 12 parts to make patties a bit larger than buns.
Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, or on the grill, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Spread hoisin sauce on patties and place cheese slices on top. Let melt 1 to 2 minutes. Meanwhile, heat buns in oven or on grill.
Assemble sliders and garnish with spinach leaves.
Note: Can be made as regular burgers as a main course for 4 people.
Variations:Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cheddar, Medium Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 128 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||64 %|