Recipe by Foodieprints
Those long Canadian winter months often leave us dreaming about the summer; banish the winter blues with a warm stack of creamy oatmeal blueberry pancakes. Perfect to wake up to on a cold morning!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) rolled oats not instant
- 2 cups (500 mL) 10% cream or 5% cream
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pure vanilla extract
- Butter for cooking
In a bowl, combine 1 cup of cream with the rolled oats. Let stand for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, whisk the remaining cream, eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients along with the rolled oats mixture. Stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture.
In a large non-stick skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Using a ¼ measuring cup (50 ml), pour in batter for each pancake. Cook until underside is golden (about 1 ½ to 2 minutes) and bubbles break on top.
Using a spatula, flip the pancakes until the underside is golden (about 1 to 1 ½ minutes). Serve hot with maple syrup. Sprinkle fresh blueberries on top and with fresh fruit on the side.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 167 mg|