The perfect make ahead dip to bring to a party. Everyone will love the warm, cheesy flavour with the tanginess of artichokes.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 35 min
- 6 oz (170 mL) 1 jar marinated artichokes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Sliced baguette, toasts or crackers
Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tbsp (30 mL) marinade. Finely chop artichokes; set aside.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; sauté garlic and onion, stirring, for about 5 min or until golden. Add cream and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 min or until slightly reduced. Stir in Cream cheese until melted. Stir in artichokes and reserved marinade. (Can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days).
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Stir 1/3 cup (80 mL) of the Parmesan and basil into artichoke mixture; transfer to shallow 4-cup (1 L) oven-proof serving dish and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake for about 20 min or until hot and bubbling. Serve with sliced baguette, toasts or crackers.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 57 mg|
|Vitamin A:||10 %|
|Vitamin B12:||5 %|