This is the Warm Salad of Grilled Vegetables, Artichokes and Le Douanier Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Le Douanier Cheese cut into 4 thick slices
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) fresh oregano or fresh basil chopped
- Salt and fresly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini cut into rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 8
- 1 Packet (8 oz/250 g) white mushrooms halved
- 1 red onion quartered
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced black olives
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes halved
Coat the Canadian Le Douanier Cheese in olive oil and set aside to chill.
In a large bowl, mix together the marinade-vinaigrette ingredients. Add the vegetables (zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and onion) and mix well to coat. Set aside for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan, or barbecue at high heat, or oven at 425 °F (210 °C). Drain the vegetables and grill in the pan, on the hot grill or on a cookie sheet (in the oven), turning once to brown both sides. Cook until the vegetables are tender, taking care to remove those that cook faster than others when they are ready.
While the vegetables are cooking, add the artichoke hearts, olives and tomatoes to the marinade-vinaigrette in the bowl. Adjust the seasoning.
Add the grilled vegetables when they are ready and divide between four plates.
Grill the cheese quickly on the barbecue or in a pan and serve hot, either whole or cubed, on the salad. This stage must be very quick, so that the cheese is just browned and warmed through and soft.
Serve the salad immediately, so that the cheese is still hot, with toasted pita bread.
Do not add salt to your salad as the Canadian Le Douanier cheese is already rather salty. Taste before seasoning.
For a more complete meal, add two grilled chicken breasts, cut into strips.