This is the Wasabi Mascarpone beef wontons recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1/2 lb (225 g) beef strip loin
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mirin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground ginger
- 2 green onions chopped, divided
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) prepared wasabi
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mixed sesame seeds (black and white, toasted)
Marinate strip loin in soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and half the green onions for at least one hour.
Brush wonton wrappers with some melted butter. Cut each one in two, diagonally. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 5–7 minutes or until wontons are golden. Let cool.
Mix wasabi and Mascarpone. Season with salt to taste and chill.
Add the remaining butter to a hot skillet and sear the steak for two minutes on each side, depending on its thickness and desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. If not served immediately, the steak must be refrigerated.
To serve, top crispy wontons with wasabi Mascarpone, some steak, remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta, Cream Cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||3 % / 29 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||49 %|