Decorated in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day with a little green and a little sparkle, these lovely, creamy lemon-lime flavoured mini cheesecakes are sure to delight leprechauns and kids alike.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h
- 12 vanilla wafer cookies or lemon wafer cookies or arrowroot wafer cookies
- 2 pkgs 8 oz (240 g each) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime zest
- Green food colouring (optional)
- Sparkly Cream
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) green decorator sugar or sprinkles sugars
Preheat the oven to 325 °F (160 °C). Line 12 cups in muffin pan with paper or silicone liners. Place a cookie in bottom of each cup, trimming to fit, if necessary.
In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat Canadian Cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in cornstarch, egg, cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in lemon and lime zest and food colouring (if using), tinting to the desired shade of green.
Spoon Cream cheese mixture on top of cookies in muffin cups and smooth tops. Bake for 15 to 20 min or just until puffed and set. Let cool in pan on a rack. Refrigerate for about 1 hr or until chilled.
In a chilled bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks. Beat in icing sugar and cornstarch just until stiff peaks form. Fold in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the green sugar, leaving ribbons of colour. Dollop cream on top of each cheesecake and sprinkle with remaining green sugar. (Decorated cheesecakes can be loosely covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hrs).
If you need to trim the cookies, warm them in the oven for a few minutes to soften them and carefully cut with a cookie cutter or serrated knife.
To make cheesecakes ahead, place cooled cakes in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months. If frozen, let thaw in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Decorate with Sparkly Cream the day of serving.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 51 mg|
|Vitamin A:||24 %|
|Vitamin B12:||13 %|