This recipe is taken from the 1989 Milk Calendar. This is the Western Style Oven-Baked Omelet recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min - 40 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Canadian butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) frozen hash brown potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red or green bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked ham coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) seasoned salt
- Grated Canadian Cheddar cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Melt 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the Canadian butter in large skillet. Add potatoes; cook, turning occasionally until crusty and brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Line the outside edge of a 8-cup (2 L) shallow baking dish with potatoes.
Melt remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in skillet. Sauté onion and green bell pepper until tender. Stir flour, then ham into vegetable mixture. Beat together eggs, Canadian milk and salt. Stir in vegetable/ ham mixture. Pour into centre of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with grated Canadian Cheddar cheese.
Bake in preheated 325 °F (160 °C) oven 30 min or until set.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 144 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||60 %|
|Vitamin C:||77 %|