This recipe is taken from the 1989 Milk Calendar. This is the Western Style Over-Baked Omelet recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min - 40 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) frozen hash brown potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red or green bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked ham coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) seasoned salt
Melt 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the butter in large skillet. Add potatoes; cook, turning occasionally until crusty and brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Line the outside edge of a 8-cup (2 L) shallow baking dish with potatoes.
Melt remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in skillet. Sauté onion and green bell pepper until tender. Stir flour, then ham into vegetable mixture. Beat together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in vegetable/ ham mixture. Pour into centre of prepared baking dish.
Bake in preheated 325 °F (160 °C) oven 30 min or until set.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 144 mg|
|Vitamin C:||77 %|
|Vitamin B12:||60 %|